Careers at ROGUE INITIATIVE
WANTED: PRODUCER – INTERACTIVE
ROGUE INITIATIVE | Los Angeles, CA
Do you like wearing a lot of hats?
The Producer, part of the Senior Management team, oversees the global development and production management of immersive experiences and interactive PC / console games.
She or he is the veritable ‘First Officer’ working alongside the Creative Director and the stakeholders at Rogue Initiative to run the studio and push the boundaries in creating industry-leading interactive content (often in close collaboration with film studios and established Hollywood talent).
The ideal candidate must excel in driving a diverse, nimble cadre of internal talent and external partners with an instinctive ability to anticipate complex production issues and execute effective solutions in a fluent and very dynamic creative setting.
- Day-to-day production management and leadership through the entire product life-cycle (visual development through to Ship and DLC support) across multiple platforms.
- Define and maintain approval pipelines and schedules for the process of game development.
- Create and drive planning processes, velocity, direction, integration, quality and functionality across the various departments to ensure that project milestones are completed on time and on budget. Keep everyone on task.
- Proactively identify risks associated with project milestones, ensuring that concerns are surfaced early and solutions are followed through to execution.
- Let nothing slip through the cracks
- Maintain and facilitate the delicate balance of internal and external relationships. Be the glue that binds.
- Stay ahead of the curve, researching news and trends for the team. Bring the innovation!
- Sometimes you’re the cheerleader, sometimes the referee… and you like it that way.
- You will be tested by a spectrum of personalities from gaming, tech, business and Hollywood. Be the imperturbable voice of reason.
- A minimum of 4+ years experience in the gaming industry in a production role as internal development on a publisher backed title.
- Experience launching at least 3 successful game titles globally in a production leadership role, with at least one full AAA development cycle.
- Track record in identifying strengths and weaknesses in games and understanding how to holistically evaluate gameplay and the games business objectively to execute improvements in our titles.
- Experience budgeting, scheduling and owning full project plans.
- Firm understanding of how each game development discipline operates and interacts.
- Solid business intelligence acumen to understand current business models and profit channels in games and inform design feedback.
- Proactive, relentless problem solver.
- Outstanding communication and management skills working with a wide array of personality types in creative, interactive, business and technology sectors.
- Absolute commitment to confidentiality of proprietary information and assets.
- Must have a passion for games, immersive reality and be an avid gamer.
- JIRA administration
- MS Word, Excel
- Unreal Engine 4 a plus
- SteamWorks and Oculus Store administration
- PlayStation and Xbox One certification
ABOUT ROGUE INITIATIVE (https://www.therogueinitiative.com/):
In partnership with Michael Bay and Lynda Obst, Rogue Initiative is a leading cross-medium digital entertainment studio and technology company producing globally marketable intellectual properties in collaboration with A-list Hollywood talent for film, television, interactive games and immersive content. The studio is headquartered in Los Angeles with teams in Hong Kong and Beijing.
Please email Brad Etheridge at email@example.com with your resume and a brief description of why you’re interested and would be a good fit for the position.