LEAD ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
ROGUE INITIATIVE | Los Angeles, CA
ROGUE INITIATIVE is composed of a nimble team of senior developers spun out of Infinity Ward in partnership with film director Michael Bay. We’re looking for a Lead Environment Artist to shepherd and build awesome AAA-quality content for current and next-generation platforms as well as help us continue to formulate groundbreaking solutions utilizing game engines and expert interactive practices beyond traditional game development.
• Oversee and mentor a tight cadre of 3D artists.
• Creatively compose, set-dress, and light environments in Unreal Engine 4.
• Author organic and hard surface hero content: 3D modeling/sculpting, 2D textures,
material setup/UV layout, and LODs.
• Communicate with fellow leads and producers to keep your team aligned on goals,
expectations and project schedules.
• Assess and incorporate new tools, solutions and techniques.
• Create new pipelines and documentation as needed.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
• Expert knowledge in visual design principles including color, composition, form, shape,
structure, silhouette, scale, surface properties and lighting.
• Expert proficiency with Maya, Max, Blender, Zbrush, Substance, Photoshop or
equivalent 3D and 2D software.
• Calm, upbeat and professional attitude working with multiple deadlines.
• Avid gamer with a passion for dreaming up worlds and experiences to discover and
Bonus Points for:
• BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
• Animation/Rigging experience
• VR optimization experience
• Unity experience
• Feature animation or live-action film experience
• Foundation in traditional mediums such as concept art, illustration and/or storyboarding
This is a full-time position to start immediately based in our North Los Angeles office.
We greatly value camaraderie, team spirit and talent. We’re not into excessive crunching or the typical AAA grind. Been there, done that. We do provide a fully stocked kitchen, periodic company outings, a family-style atmosphere and a great benefits package. Send your resume and a portfolio demonstrating experience modeling, texturing, and lighting game environments to:
Rogue Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rogue Initiative offers live-action, interactive and immersive production services for select clientele.
Please contact us to learn more.