SENIOR GAME DESIGNER
ROGUE INITIATIVE | Los Angeles, CA
ROGUE INITIATIVE is composed of a nimble team of senior developers spun out of Infinity Ward in partnership with film director Michael Bay. We’re looking for a Senior Game Designer to design ground-breaking immersive content and interactive games for current and next-generation consoles and platforms.
- Flex your creative freedom to shape core aspects of the game and find the fun!
- Own your vision from paper design to final gameplay.
- Guide development and prototyping of core gameplay systems and mechanics.
- Collaborate with gameplay systems engineers and animators on the rapid iteration of player interactions and encounters.
- Explore areas for you to influence combat, movement, weapons, game meta and/or enemy abilities.
- Perform build reviews and provide feedback to the team.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Strong technical design skills and experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Proficiency in Blueprint, C++ and familiarity with Sequencer
- Expert understanding of various game type intricacies including first-person and third-person combat and exploration.
- Experience shipping at least one well-known interactive title.
- An uncanny ability to ‘sell the room’ on your game design proposals and initiatives through imagery and verbal pitching skills.
- Accustomed to rapid iteration.
- Calm, upbeat and professional attitude working with multiple deadlines.
- Avid gamer with a love for dreaming up worlds and experiences to discover and explore.
- Passion for character-driven action, sci-fi and entertainment as a whole. Inspiration for amazing gameplay can be found in stories and experiences from various mediums including books, comics, folklore, anime, film and television.
- VR experience
- Unity experience
This is a full-time contract position to start immediately based in our North Los Angeles office.
We greatly value camaraderie, team spirit and talent. We’re not into excessive crunching or the typical AAA grind. Been there, done that. We do provide a fully stocked kitchen, periodic company outings, and a family-style atmosphere.
Send your resume and a brief cover letter to: CAREERS@THEROGUEINITIATIVE.COM
Rogue Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.